What we collect
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, some portions of our website require additional information in order to make payments. When you make a payment on-line, we must collect information about you in order to facilitate the processing of your payment transaction. Since certain information is required if you choose to register or make a payment transaction using this site you agree to provide accurate and complete information when providing personal information. The types of personal information we collect may include the following information collected from you and from your transactions with us:
• name, mailing address, city, state, zip, phone number and email address,
• your bill payment (including payment amount and designated payee),
• your credit or debit card numbers, expiration date and cardholder name,
• demographic information such as job title,
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we collect about you for everyday internal business purposes in order to provide our services, process your transactions, maintain your account(s), and provide customer service. We provide access to personal information about our customers only to those employees who require it as part of their job in order to provide our services, process customer payments and provide customer service. We collect, store and process your personal information on servers. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
External Prometheus Group shares certain personal information of customers to run our everyday business. Prometheus Group does not sell or rent any of your personal information. Prometheus Group will not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties except in the circumstances described below or with your permission.
• We share personal information with certain third parties such as banks, processors, card networks, and other suppliers and vendors in order to provide the services and to help us process the transactions you request.
• Certain federal, state and local laws or government regulations may require us to disclose non-public personal information about you to respond to court orders or legal investigations. In these circumstances, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by law, subpoena, legal process, or court order to be disclosed.
• We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
• We share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our business partners or for public relations and marketing purposes. For example, we may disclose the percentage of our customers who make payments with a credit card versus a checking account. However, this aggregated information is not tied to any personally identifiable information that can identify you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that your sensitive personal information is accessed by an unauthorized individual and the misuse of your information is reasonably possible, we will notify you of the unauthorized access unless a law enforcement agency believes that such notification may interfere with a criminal investigation. Notification of such an event may be given to you by e-mail, writing, or phone at our sole discretion.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our products and services which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.